Source: Nashville Public Library, Digital Collections
A photograph of Policeman, Sgt. Lonnie G. Martin directing traffic outside of the Davidson County Court House circa 1930. The courthouse was designed in 1857 by Francis Strickland, son of William Strickland, who built the State Capitol. Construction on the building started in 1859 and finished in 1863. This Strickland Courthouse served as the epicenter for a bustling Nashville for eighty years.
Courthouse, circa 1905