A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. The drawing on this page shows the Christ Church Episcopal in Downtown Nashville located at Sixth Avenue and Church Street. The cornerstone was laid in 1830 and the architect for the project was Hugh Roland. The main entrance was designed with a twelve foot wide Gothic arch. This first Christ Church was used until the early 1890s when the present edifice at Ninth Avenue and Broadway Avenue was erected. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook.
Source: Nashville Public Library, Digital Collections