A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. The drawing on this page is of the Medical College at the University of Nashville. In 1850 the University of Nashville organized a Medical Department, located between Second and Fourth Avenues, which became the first medical college in Nashville. In 1874 the University of Nashville Medical School and Vanderbilt Medical School merged together, existing under joint management until 1895, when both schools moved to separate locations. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook.
Source: Nashville Public Library, Digital Collections