William A. Eichbaum, a Nashvilel bookseller, did this pen-n-ink wash drawing of First presbyterian Church and published it in a sketchbook in the 1850s. Located at present-day Fifth and Church. Federals used the church as a military hospital during the Civil War.
The church is renowned for it’s Egyptian design. The interior is modeled after the temple to Amon-Ra at Karnak.
View (below) of church as it looked in 1831, their first church building.